I’ve been fairly good lately. I had a wonderful 9 mile run around Loch Raven last Saturday. My legs were feeling it though! I wish I brought a gu or energy shot – I think I could have done 10 miles. Once I got to 9, I couldn’t mentally get myself ready for another mile.
Here’s what happened/will happen this week:
- Sunday, 2/19 – easy 30 minute recovery run
- Monday, 2/20 – off (No time to do anything. We were good responsible adults and got our taxes done after work – womp womp.)
- Tuesday, 2/21 – 45 minute work out courtesy of Oh She Glows. I’d love to run that fast one day but I had to modify it a tad so I would be able to survive.
- Wednesday, 2/22 – learning
- Thursday, 2/23 – learning
- Friday, 2/24 – I really want to kick myself in the butt for being a mild slacker this week. So here’s the plan – 1 mile warm up, 7 x 800m (#1 = 600 cruise (this doesn’t mean easy), 200 fast (this does not mean all out, but close), #2 = 400 cruise, 400 fast, #3 = 200 cruise, 600 fast #4 = 800 fast, #5 = 200 fast, 600 cruise, #6 = 400 fast, 400 cruise, #7 = 600 fast, 400 cruise) 1 mile cool down. Should total about 5.5 miles, but my math has been way off before so who the hell knows?
Next week I will be in beautiful Mexico!! I hope to get some runs in. Husband has said he’d run with me! But I’m going to play it by ear and not have a specific schedule. I’d be happy to get in at least one 5 mile run. But I might just be too busy swinging on a hammock, eating guacamole, and drinking margaritas. It’s all about priorities…