I only punked out one day last week. It was Wednesday night and I was pooped! Sometimes you need to listen to your body and just give it a rest. So instead of the scheduled 35 min tempo run, I did a 4 miles faster than normal make up for it. I was not a happy camper at the time but I had such a wonderful 8 mile long run on Saturday, it makes me thankful that I push myself through the weekday maintenance runs.
Grad school starts again this week. I’m going to miss my evening freedom. I’m definitely going to need to re-arrange my workout schedule though. Evening classes on Wednesday and Thursday will not allow me to do my normal Wednesday Thursday routine. I might be able to make Wednesday night work – my class only goes until 6:30 pm. We’ll see how it goes.
- Monday, 1/30 – YOGA! Oh my goodness I can’t remember the last time my body needed yoga this badly. It’s screaming for a good scretch.
- Tuesday, 1/31 -Speed Work totaling 5 miles – 1 mile warm up; 8 x 400m at sprint speed with a 20 second rest in between each lap; 800 easy; 4 x 800m at tempo speed; 400 easy; 1600m at goal race pace; 400m easy.
- Wednesday, 2/1 – Easy 4 miles (if its not too late)
- Thursday, 2/2 – Rest/Learn
- Friday, 2/3- Tempo Run 40 mins
- Saturday, 2/4 – 10 miles at the NCR Trail – I’m hoping since this trail is flat it will be relatively easy considering I am doing my tempo run the day before.
- Sunday, 2/5 – 20-30 min recovery run
Update: The speed workout I posted was bananas! It was waaaaaaaay longer than I calculated. Oh, simple arithmetic. Here’s what actually happened. 1 mile warm up; 4 x 800m at sprint speed with 20 second rest in between; 800m easy; 4 x 800m at tempo speed with 20 second rest in between; 400m easy. If you want to do 7 miles of speed work though, by all means do the workout above.