A bunch of my friends won the lottery to run the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler. Never in my childhood would have I considered running 10 miles “winning” but life is funny like that.
Anway, with the race 12 weeks away I realized that I should probably start training for this. So I set myself up a little training routine based off of my Charm City Run Half Marathon Training. I know its going to be super hard to train without a coach and an amazing and supportive group of runners (some of whom have become great friends!) but maybe I’ll surprise myself and kick this training’s butt. At least it will be good motivation for staying active in the winter. It’s only 70 days until spring!
- Sunday: 5 miles – my long run should have been Saturday but I was a little out of control on Friday night – thus the sleeping in and general recovery on Sautrday
- Monday – Crosstrain – Personal Training with Jackie: 30 Day Fast Start – those pyramids she does are no joke!
- Tuesday – Speedwork – 1 mile warm up, 2 mile time trial – going to try and do my speed work on a treadmill since school is in session and local tracks are crawling with high schoolers
- Wednesday – 3 miles
- Thursday – Tempo Run for 30 minutes
- Friday – OFF!!
- Saturday – 6 miles
- Sunday – Super duper easy 20-30 minute recovery run
Wish me luck!